IT TAKES A PILLAGE
It takes money to elect people, and the Democrats know that. They’ve been jumping into Republican races with union and “independent expenditure” funds.
There may be no greater single donor to Alaska campaigns than Anchorage Attorney Robin Brena, who purchased Governor Walker’s law firm for an undisclosed amount in a transparency failure last year. Ever since, he has been part of the pay-to-play crony capitalist gang.
Brena has been the governor’s surrogate in recent election cycles, making sure that Democrats are competitive and, if he has his way, delivering the governor the legislature he wants and needs in order to tax Alaskans and rejigger the Permanent Fund in such a way that he can finance his gasline.
Last year, the Alaska Public Offices Commission launched an investigation into a group that Brena funded called Your Alaska Future, because it was “sanitizing” the source of the funds it was funneling into Gov. Bill Walker’s campaign. Deputy Chief of Staff for Walker, Marcia Davis, was the fall guy on that one, but her ultimate monetary punishment was bargained down to a slap on the wrist.
Read the recent history of The Brena Effect at the Alaska Energy Dudes and Divas website, where excellent research shows how Brena has donated $223,000 to Alaska Democrats in recent months. Here’s the list for his 2016 pre-primary donations, which total $48,000 to Big Labor-Vince Beltrami favorites, including the shadow government group Together for Alaska:
- 01/27/16 $ 500.00 Shirley Ann Cote’
- 10/22/15 $ 500.00 Eric Croft
- 10/13/15 $ 500.00 Matt Claman
- 06/29/1c $ 500.00 Jason Grenn
- 07/15/16 $ 500.00 Paul Seaton
- 07/12/16 $ 500.00 Jim Colver
- 06/27/16 $ 500.00 Harry T. Crawford Jr.
- 07/01/16 $500.00 Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins
- 06/27/16 $ 500.00 Daniel (Dan) H Ortiz
- 06/25/16 $ 5,000.00 House Democratic Campaign Committee
- 06/24/16 $ 500.00 Matt Claman
- 06/29/16 $ 500.00 Les Gara
- 06/27/16 $ 500.00 Zach Fansler
- 07/10/16 $ 500.00 Adam Wool
- 06/27/16 $ 500.00 Ivy A Spohnholz
- 06/12/16 $ 500.00 Luke Hopkins
- 06/27/16 $ 500.00 Dean Westlake
- 08/03/16 $35,000.00 Together for Alaska
- 08/13/16 $ 500.00 Louise B. Stutes