The Department of Health and Social Services website has been taken offline due to a malware attack.
The attack comes three weeks after the Alaska Court System was shut down after a cyberattack. The court system website is now apparently functional again and the state didn’t indicate whether the attacks are related.
The DHSS website was taken offline May 17 while the investigation is being conducted and will be unavailable to the public until further details are known about the incident.
Some services, such as COVID-19 vaccine appointment scheduling and the data dashboards, are hosted by outside sources and can still be accessed through covid19.alaska.gov.
The list of affected services that are offline include:
- AKAIMS – Alaska’s Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse Management System
- DHSS public website
- State of Alaska Vital Records System
- DHSS Background Check System
- Find A Childcare Provider
- Case Management System – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)Work Activities
- IBIS – Indicator Based Information System for Public Health
- ILP – Grantee Based System for Infant Learning Program
- Grantee-based information exchange for the Infant Learning Program
- Grantee-based reporting for the Infant Learning Program
- SAGE – System for Schools to Report Vaccine Data to Public Health
- YODA – Youth Offender Data Application for Youth Courts
- GEMS – Grantee Portal for Grants Electronic Management System
- AKVaxMatch – Alaska Provider Vaccine Exchange
- Developmental Disabilities Waiver Online Form
- DHSS Epidemiological Bulletins
- Count of Available Beds in Various Behavioral Health Facilities
- Review Process for Health Care Construction Projects and Equipment Purchases State Expends for Medicaid
- Vital Statistics Online Data Request Form
For phone assistance during business hours (8 am – 4:30 pm), contact the department at 907-269-7800. For questions specific to Covid-19, the vaccine helpline is available at 907-646-3322 from 9 am – 6:30 pm on weekdays, and 9 am – 4:30 pm on weekends. You may also email [email protected] for help.