All six commercial radio stations in Juneau have been sold to BTC USA Holdings Management, Inc., based in California and owned by Cliff Dumas, a morning host in Bakersfield, Calif. The $1.3 million deal includes stations in Ketchikan and Sitka, as well as Texas.
The Alaska radio stations changing hands are:
- Country “Taku 105” 105.1 KTKU Juneau
- Hot AC “Mix 106” 106.3 KSUP Juneau
- Sports “Hawk 107.9” K300AB Juneau/KSUP-HD2
- News/Talk 630 KJNO/97.5 K248DQ Juneau
- Full Service Oldies 800 KINY/94.9 K235DA/103.5 K278GE Juneau and additional translators 103.9 K280DX Angoon, 103.7 K279AF Haines, 103.9 K280ED Hoonah, 103.5 K278GE Kake and 104.7 K284AM Skagway
- Classic Hits “93.3/1330 KXJ” KXXJ/K227DP Juneau
- “Gateway Country” 106.7 KGTW Ketchikan/98.3 K252EJ Wrangell/99.5 K258AD Craig
- Talk/Hot AC 930 KTKN/93.3 K227DQ/97.5 K248AI Ketchikan
- Hot AC “Mix 103” 103.1 KSBZ Sitka
- Full Service Classic Hits 1230 KIFW/102.3 K272FV Sitka
“Dumas will own 80 percent of the new company through his Broadcast 2 Podcast Inc. with the Bryan Woodruff-led Local First Media Group holding the other 20 percent. In addition to hosting mornings at KUZZ, Dumas has also hosted mornings at KRST Albuquerque and spent a decade at KSON San Diego. Dumas is a member of the Canadian Country Music Hall of Fame for hosting mornings at KHAM Hamilton and CISS-FM Toronto, was the voice of CMT Canada and the Canadian Country Music Awards, and produced and hosted many Canadian Country music specials,” according to RadioInsight.com.