Those interested in serving on the Anchorage Assembly or on the Anchorage School Board can file for office with the Anchorage Election Division today through Jan. 31. The election begins when ballots are mailed out to known Anchorage voters on March 17, and ends on April 7.
Seats that are in this election are for three-year terms:
- Seat B, Downtown Anchorage
- Seat C, Eagle River/Chugiak
- Seat E, West Anchorage
- Seat G, Midtown Anchorage
- Seat I, East Anchorage
- Seat K, South Anchorage
- School Board Seats C and D
- Service Area Boards of Supervisors, multiple seats on various boards
A candidate for municipal office must be …
- a resident of the Municipality of Anchorage, and
- a qualified voter of the Municipality of Anchorage and the State of Alaska,
- qualified through other criteria.
There are specific steps candidates must take in order to appear on the Regular Municipal Election ballot. Detailed instructions are in the filing packets for each office:
- Candidates for Anchorage Assembly Seats – Filing Packet
- Candidates for Anchorage School Board Seats – Filing Packet
- Candidates for Boards of Supervisors, including LRSA Seats – Filing Packet
- More information and other requirements are at this link.