Convicted murderer has walked away from ‘supervision’



Lock your doors, Anchorage. Scott C. Brodine is on the lam. And a guy like that is bound to be desperate and dangerous.

The convicted murderer walked away from a community residential center in Anchorage early today.

In 1997, a jury convicted Brodine and a judge sentenced him to 60 years of prison, with 10 suspended on one count of murder in the first degree, an unclassified felony.

Brodine was also to be placed on probation for five years following his release from prison. He appears to have served for 23 years. He has been in supervision in the community since July.

In 1993, Brodine and Milton James Termini were living in an apartment on West Northern Lights Blvd in Anchorage. On Dec. 6 of that year, a group gathered at an apartment across the hall to play cards. Later, Brodine went out on the town with friends — boozing, smoking pot, and using cocaine.

Then Brodine took it too far, and spilled a bottle of booze on the floor of the car that belonged to one of his friends.

The group decided he needed to go home, and took him back to his apartment. Later, he went next door to say something was wrong with his roommate. Finally, he called 911 and reported his roommate was dead.

The autopsy showed Termini died as a result of numerous blunt force injuries to his head and neck. One of those blows was so hard it broke the cartilage of Termini’s Adam’s apple, and the cause of death was ultimately determined to be suffocation.

Although a murder weapon was never found, a bloody palm print near Termini’s body was found to belong to Brodine, who also had scratches and bruises consistent with a struggle.

The state prosecutor said Brodine was drunk, argued with his roommate, became angry and beat Termini to death. The jury agreed that the evidence supported the allegation.

Brodine appealed his conviction based on improper use of DNA evidence, but the court upheld the conviction.

[Read the entire case at]

Scott Brodine, current photo

Brodine has been living at the Clithroe Center, a halfway house in midtown, for two and a half months. How Brodine was released to a halfway house will require additional investigation, but Senate Bill 91 gave the parole board broad discretion to release people early.

Brodine is 50 years old. Police say if you see him to call 311, the non-emergency line. Police gave no warning to not approach him, nor do they warn that he is dangerous.

However, this is a case where the situation might warrant using your own judgment. Such as locking your doors.


  1. Was he supposed to live in that community living situation for the next 50 years? What did they think would happen?

  2. Give a guy 60 and he serves 23? Talk about fuzzy math. So if they gave him 20 he would serve about 7?

  3. Such as locking your door…….Such as making sure you have a round in the chamber. Such as going to the range and practicing. Putting a target inside an old tire, and rolling that tire down the side of a gravel pit is lots of fun and great practice in the event a guy like this doesn’t hold still. Clearly we cannot depend upon the Alaska justice system to keep us safe right now.

Comments are closed.