Brian Flynn, pictured above, has registered to run for the Anchorage Assembly for West Anchorage (District 3) in the April 2023 municipal election. He’ll run for the seat being vacated by Assemblywoman Austin Quinn-Davidson, who will not run for re-election. Anna Brawley, hand-picked by Quinn-Davidson as her successor, will also run for that seat.
Flynn presently serves the Municipality on the Heritage Land Bank Commission, the Zoning Board of Examiners and Appeals, and the Budget Advisory Committee and is the Treasurer for the Bayshore/Klatt Community Council. He is a realtor. His website is flynnforanchorage.com
There are two seats up for election in East Anchorage — one is the Pete Petersen seat; he is term-limited. The other is the seat held by Forrest Dunbar, who won his election to the Alaska Senate last month.
Others are filing their letters of intent with the Alaska Public Offices Commission, including:
- Irene Boll, School Board
- Christopher Constant, current Assemblyman, for Assembly, representing downtown; his term expires 2023
- Karen Bronga, did not report seat; she is a teacher in Anchorage School District.
- Dave Donley, current School Board member, for reelection
- Andy Holleman, current School Board member, for reelection
- Zachary Johnson, Assembly, South Anchorage, the seat now held by Suzanne LaFrance, who has not filed
- Dayton Ikaika Keliikipi Jr, Assembly, East Anchorage seat
- George Martinez, Assembly, East Anchorage seat
- Cliff Murray, School Board
- Scott Myers, Assembly, for Eagle River seat, being vacated by Rep.-elect Jamie Allard
- Rachel Ries, Assembly, South Anchorage seat, now held by Suzanne LaFrance. Her website is www.riesforalaska.com
- Felix Rivera, current Assemblyman, for Assembly midtown
The next regular Anchorage Municipal election ends Tuesday, April 4, 2023. Formal filing with the Anchorage Municipal Clerk opens opens on Friday, Jan. 13, 2023, at 8 a.m. and closes on Friday, Jan. 27, 2023, at 5 p.m. All candidates must also file with the Alaska Public Offices Commission, which regulates campaign finances.
For information on filing for office, including candidate filing packets, visit the municipality’s candidate information webpage here.