Alaskans across the state can speak out on Ballot Measure 1 next week.
As required by law, the Lt. Governor’s office has scheduled four hearings on the job-busting initiative proposed and financed by oil foe Robin Brena. While these sessions are typically held in person, they will be held telephonically due to limitations related to COVID-19.
Testimony sessions will be split by judicial district in an effort to allow for as much time for public comment as possible.
Hearing schedule for Ballot Measure 1:
- District 1 – 1-3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21. Call in number is (907) 586-9085.
- District 2 – 1-3 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22. Call in number is (844) 586-9085.
- District 3 – 1-3 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23. Call in number is (907) 563-9085.
- District 4 – 1-3 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24. Call in number is (844) 586-9085.
- District 1 includes: Angoon, Haines, Hoonah, Juneau, Ketchikan, Prince of Wales, Sitka, Skagway, Petersburg, Wrangell and Yakutat.
- District 2 includes: Ambler, Kotzebue, Nome, Noorvik, Point Hope, Unalakleet and Utqiagvik.
- District 3 includes: Anchorage, Dillingham, Cordova, Kenai, Kodiak, Palmer, Unalaska, Valdez and Wasilla.
- District 4 includes: Aniak, Bethel, Delta Junction, Healy, Fairbanks, Nenana, North Pole and Tok.
A complete list of communities belonging to each judicial district can be found at http://www.courts.alaska.gov/shc/probate/docs/shs-pr-communities.pdf