The filing period for the City and Borough of Juneau Assembly and School Board opened Friday, July 16, 2021. The filing period ends Monday, July 26, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Voters will elect a mayor, two assembly members and three school board members at the Oct. 5, 2021, which will managed by the Anchorage Elections Office in a vote-by-mail election.
The Anchorage Municipal Election Office also handled the counting of the mail-in election for Juneau in October of 2020.
The candidate filing period closes Monday, July 26, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
All offices on the ballot are at-large seats:
- Mayor – 3 year term
- One District One Assembly member – 3 year term
- One District Two Assembly member – 3 year term
- Three School Board seats – 3 year terms each
Filed and certified so far are:
- Beth Weldon, incumbent, for mayor
- Paul R Kelly for Assembly District 1
- Barbara Blake for Assembly District 1
- Elizabeth (Ebett) Siddon for School Board
Filed with the State Division of Elections but not certified yet:
- Troy Wuyts-Smith for Assembly