In a memo received by Department of Homeland Security employees, starting on July 28, all DHS employees must wear face masks covering nose and mouth while indoors at any DHS workplace. The rule applies regardless of vaccination status.
The action is in response to Tuesday’s guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that people should be wearing masks while indoors. It incorporates recommendations from the DHS Workforce Health and Safety and DHS Chief Medical Officer teams.
This mandate includes workers in:
- Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
- Transportation Security Administration
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- U.S. Coast Guard
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Earlier this week, the Veterans Administration mandated vaccines for all of its employees.