The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives executed search warrants resulting in federal charges against 16 people for federal firearm and drug trafficking crimes.
Seized were 82 illegal firearms, some of which were listed as stolen; approximately seven pounds of methamphetamine, and approximately 300 grams of heroin, according to U.S. District Attorney Bryan Schroeder.
The arrests came during “Operation Cold Snap,” which took place over several months.
Facing charges in 10 federal indictments:
- Clay Millhouse, also known as “Bear,” 34, and Shad Rider-Sorden, also known as “Shadow,” 28, both of Anchorage, are charged with conspiracy to possess and sell stolen firearms, and possession of stolen firearms. Millhouse is also charged with being a felon in possession of firearms. He is a graduate of Service High School. He is still wanted by authorities. Rider-Sorden attended Bartlett High School.
- Michael Proctor, 34, of Anchorage, is charged with distribution of methamphetamine, carrying a firearm during a drug trafficking crime, and being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition. He attended Bartlett High School
- Nathaniel Sofianos, 30, and Korina Thompson, 32, both of Wasilla, have been charged with distribution of controlled substances, possession of firearms in furtherance of drug trafficking, and being felons in possession of firearms. Sofianos is from Portland, Thompson is from Sweet Home, Ore.
- Xenophon Xayamonty, also known as“Rexy,” or “X,” 31, of Anchorage, is charged with distribution of methamphetamine, and carrying a firearm during a drug trafficking crime;
- Realann Odsigue, 27, and Rene Laxa, 26, both of Anchorage, are both charged with conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, and distribution of methamphetamine. Laxa was previously arrested in August, 2019, for firing a firearm while intoxicated and possessing a stolen firearm.
- Dorian Topps, 26, Isaiah Cross, 27, and Kevin Glover, 37, all of Anchorage, are charged with distribution of methamphetamine.
- Christopher Poindexter, 34, and Roxanne Reed, 37, both of Anchorage, are charged with distribution of a controlled substance. Poindexter is also charged with carrying a firearm during a drug trafficking crime, and Reed is also charged with being a felon in possession; Reed is still wanted by law enforcement.
- Dana Dwyer, 43, of Wasilla, is charged with being a felon in possession of firearms.
- Marcus Jones, 48, of Anchorage, is charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm. He is still on the lam.
- Lanyegia Davis, 29, of Anchorage, is charged with distribution of heroin.
Operation Cold Snap was led by the ATF Anchorage Field Office, with assistance provided by the Anchorage Police Department, the Alaska State Troopers, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Marshals Service, the Anchorage Airport Police, and the Coast Guard Investigative Service. The cases are being prosecuted out of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Alaska.